Frozen berry and milk kefir smoothie
This is, like the other milk kefir smoothies, best when really cold. The frozen fruit helps it a lot, but it's a very good idea to pour your milk kefir into ice cube trays when you have too much; freeze and then you always have some to add to your smoothie, with or without more milk kefir.
Use frozen berries of your choice. Blackberries, raspberries and blueberries are always a fabulous blend. If you have your own source, pick and freeze while you can. Adding frozen fruit to this makes it more delicious I think. You can also use a frozen mango for a Mando lassi effect, forgoing the spices and just blending the frozen mango and milk kefir. YUM.
- 750ml Milk Kefir
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1/2 cup banana, frozen or fresh
- A dash maple syrup, if you don't have a banana
- A drop of vanilla (takes the edge off for fussy people)
- A pinch of cinnamon (good for you)
- Add milk kefir to blender - 500mls liquid and 6 frozen into cubes if you have.
- Add berries and broken banana
- If you feel the need, a dash of maple syrup is good, vanilla and cinnamon too
- Enjoy. Pour excess into icy pole molds, or if frozen enough add to a bowl with nuts and seeds to eat for breakfast.